Best Case in the Cloud
Can Best Case bankruptcy software be moved to the cloud? Yes, you can receive the benefits of the cloud while keeping your current version of Best Case.
Best Case is the most popular bankruptcy software, and is used by nearly half of all bankruptcy attorneys. It is known for its ease of use, up-to-date forms, and simple electronic filing.
But your accessibility, security, and reliability will be lower and your costs and headaches will be higher so long as you delay migrating your firm’s data, documents, and applications – including Best Case – to the cloud.
How is using Best Case in the cloud different?
Instead of having your bankruptcy firm’s onsite server and network of computers store and provide access to your data and documents, cloud computing uses a network of remote servers on the internet to store, manage, and process your data.
You no longer have to maintain, troubleshoot, and secure your own data storage infrastructure. Instead, you rely on one of the biggest technology companies in the world – typically Amazon, Google, or Microsoft – to provide the infrastructure and service.
What are the advantages of Best Case cloud computing?
- Anywhere access.Using any device, your data, documents, and applications can be securely accessed from any location having internet access.
- Higher security. Clouds are more secure than even the largest networks, and infinitely more secure than those of the typical small law firm.
- Increased reliability. Cloud computing malfunctions are a rarity, whereas onsite network downtime is not. 99.997% uptime is typical for the major cloud providers.
- Improved performance. The data centers of major cloud providers are regularly updated with the latest generation of fast hardware. Most law firms see a noticeable improvement in load speed after migrating.
- Variable expense. Instead of having to invest in equipment, you pay a fixed monthly cost per user. You can add or subtract users at a known and incrementally variable cost.
- Easy staff adjustments. Access for new or departing team members can be modified with a few clicks. Setup and lockout hours and headaches disappear.
- Economies of scale. Your cost is lower because the major cloud services have aggregated thousand to hundreds of thousands of users.
Moving Best Case to the cloud
A cloud migration is a technical task requiring specialists. You will want to use a vendor who specializes in law firms and has experience with Best Case.
This same vendor should take over your tech support. You have full accountability and will avoid finger-pointing when you deal with one single technology company.
For most law firms using Best Case, the migration will be completed in one evening and the next morning will be business as usual. Bankruptcy firms having an exceptionally large amount of data can take longer, but that situation is unusual.
Best Case will appear and work exactly as before. But your data will now be secured by the specialists at Amazon Web Services, the largest provider of cloud services in the world. And you will be able to access Best Case from any location having internet access, using any device – smartphone, iPad, laptop, or desktop.
Interested in migrating Best Case to the cloud?
We work with a large number of bankruptcy firms. Many use Best Case, and we are very familiar with the software. We offer both cloud migrations and 24/7 tech support, serve only law firms, and have been helping lawyers since 1981.
If you would like to learn more about migrating your Best Case software, data, documents, and other programs to the cloud, click the button below.