Can Needles personal injury case management software be moved to the cloud? Yes, you can receive the benefits of the cloud while keeping your current version of Needles.
Due to its affordability, customization options, and strong support, Needles continues to have a large and loyal user base despite not being cloud-based.
Migrating Needles to the cloud gives you the best of both worlds – the security, accessibility, reliability, and cost savings of the cloud, plus continuity with the program you rely on for so much of your critical processes and data.
Will using Needles in the cloud be different?
You will no longer be dependent on your law firm’s onsite server and network of computers to store and provide access to your data and documents. Cloud computing stores, manages, and processes your data using a network of remote servers on the internet.
Most cloud users depend on the giant technology companies – Microsoft, Google, or Amazon Web Services – for their cloud service and infrastructure. They no longer need to secure, maintain, and troubleshoot their own servers and networks.
What are the advantages of Needles cloud computing?
- Better security. Clouds are infinitely more secure than the networks of the typical small law firm.
- Any device, anywhere. Your data, documents, and applications can be securely accessed from any location having internet access. And you can do so using a smartphone, iPad, laptop, or desktop.
- Increased reliability. Cloud computing malfunctions are a rarity, whereas onsite network downtime is not. 99.997% uptime is typical for the major cloud providers.
- Faster performance. Most law firms see a noticeable improvement in load speed after migrating. The data centers of major cloud providers are regularly updated with the latest generation of fast hardware.
- Variable expense. Instead of having to invest in equipment, you pay a fixed monthly cost per user. You can add or subtract users at a known and incrementally variable cost.
- Economies of scale. The major cloud services have aggregated hundreds of thousands of users, and pass on some of those savings to its customers.
- Quick staff adjustments. Setup headaches disappear as access for new or departing team members can be modified with a few clicks.
Moving Needles to the cloud
Unless you have an especially large amount of data, expect your cloud migration to be completed overnight. The next morning will be business as usual.
Needles will work exactly as before, and the appearance of your computer screens will not change. You might find that everything works faster.
You will be able to use any device – desktop or smartphone, laptop or iPad – to access Needles and the rest of your data and applications.
If you use us for your migration to the cloud, your data will be hosted and secured by the specialists at Amazon Web Services, the largest provider of cloud services in the world.
We recommend that you use the same vendor for both cloud migration and subsequent tech support. You want full accountability and no finger-pointing. Due to increased reliability and less infrastructure, less support will be required once you are in the cloud and your tech support costs will decline.
Specialists are required for cloud migrations. The task is highly technical. Choose a company that specializes in law firms and has experience migrating Needles.
Interested in migrating Needles to the cloud?
We work with the technology of over 100 law firms. Many use Needles, and we are very familiar with the software. We offer cloud migrations with accompanying 24/7 tech support, serve only law firms, and have been helping lawyers since 1981.
Click the button below to learn more about migrating your Needles software, data, documents, and other programs to the cloud.